The SUNSCAD Council is an integral part of the student union that works alongside the Executives. There are 20 positions, separated into 9 Divisional Representatives and 11 Constituency Representatives. There are currently 5 positions filled and 15 positions vacant.
Current 2018/2019 Elected SUNSCAD Council Representatives
Art History Rep – Erin Riehl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Design Rep – Robin Gu (email@example.com)
Craft Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Accessibility Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Indigenous Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Racialized Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Member at Large – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MFA Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Women’s Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Film Rep – Blossom Mendoza (email@example.com)
Foundation Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
International Rep – (Linda) Yujia Zhang (email@example.com)
Media Art Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fine Art Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Mature Student Rep – Emmanuella Symeonaki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Port Campus Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
LGBTQ Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Art History & Critical Studies Representative
- Craft Representative
- Design Representative
- Fine Art Representative
- Film Representative
- Foundation Representative
- Graduate Representative
- Media Arts Representative
- Port Campus Representative
- Indigenous Students’ Representative
- Accessibility Representative
- Black Students’ Representative
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) Representative
- International Students’ Representative
- Mature Students’ Representative
- Member at Large
- Part-time Students’ Representative
- Students Living in Residence Representative
- Racialized Students’ Representative
- Women’s Representative
Duties of Councilors
- Act as a liaison between the group of students who are being represented and the Council.
- Organize a committee, as necessary, to better address the needs of students who are being represented.
- Maintain the right to receive funding for the students who are being represented.
- Help the Executive in the dissemination of the information and implementation of campaigns.
- Maintain the right to sit on University committees as determined by the Council (not including SUNSCAD committees).
- Be a member of at least two of the following SUNSCAD committees:
- a) External Committee
- b) Internal Committee
- c) Constitutional Review Committee
- d) Academic Committee
If you are interested in being part of the SUNSCAD Council, click here for the Nomination form! You don’t have to wait for an election to be involved, if you are interested and have filled out the form we can ratify your position at the next council meeting.
Want more information? Contact Tara Fleming at email@example.com or call (902) 494-8132.