The SUNSCAD Council is an integral part of the student union that works alongside the Executives. There are 20 positions, separated into 9 Divisional Representatives and 11 Constituency Representatives.
Current 2015-16 Elected SUNSCAD Council Representatives
Art History Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Design Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Craft Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Accessibility Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Indigenous rep – Kassidy Bernard (email@example.com)
Racialized Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Member at Large – N/A (email@example.com)
MFA Rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Women’s Rep – Gabrielle Palaric-Skinner (email@example.com)
Film Rep – Olivia Ling (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Foundation Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
International Rep – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Media Art Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Fine Art rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mature Student Rep – N/A (email@example.com)
Port Campus rep – N/A (firstname.lastname@example.org)
LGBTQ Rep – Emmett Pellerin (email@example.com)
- Art History & Critical Studies Representative
- Craft Representative
- Design Representative
- Fine Art Representative
- Film Representative
- Foundation Representative
- Graduate Representative
- Media Arts Representative
- Port Campus Representative
- Aboriginal Representative
- Accessibility Representative
- Black Students’ Representative
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer (LGBTQ) Representative
- International Students’ Representative
- Mature Students’ Representative
- Member at Large
- Part-time Students’ Representative
- Students Living in Residence Representative
- Racialized Students’ Representative
- Womens’ Representative
Duties of Councilors
- Act as a liaison between the group of students who are being represented and the Council.
- Organize a committee, as necessary, to better address the needs of students who are being represented.
- Maintain the right to receive funding for the students who are being represented.
- Help the Executive in the dissemination of the information and implementation of campaigns.
- Maintain the right to sit on University committees as determined by the Council (not including SUNSCAD committees).
- Be a member of at least two of the following SUNSCAD committees:
- a) External Committee
- b) Events Committee
- c) Communications Committee
- d) Constitutional Review Committee
- e) Academic Committee
If you are interested in being part of the SUNSCAD Council, click here for the Nomination form!
Want more information? Contact Tara Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (902) 494-8132