We understand that it is a difficult and confusing time for many of us and it is valid to be worried. We want to reassure you that we are here to help. SUNSCAD is prepared to support our members and we are in communication with the university to ensure your needs are prioritized, especially those of you who are most impacted. Decisions made by other bodies such as NSCAD, Dal, and the province, will have an impact on students’ health and wellbeing, SUNSCAD’s ability to provide services, and your educational experience. These are all factors we are trying to consider when we make our decisions. We will provide updates via email, and here on our website, as changes are made.
If you are a student who is at high-risk, or in need of help, please do not ever hesitate to reach out. If you are self-quarantining and in isolation, or financially impacted, please reach out immediately by emailing Resource Coordinator Tara Fleming at email@example.com
Feeling anxious or stressed?
Visit NSCAD’s Wellness website
to learn what services are available and how to access them.
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888-429-8167
- Good2Talk Nova Scotia: 1-833-292-3698 (Professional counsellors provide free, anonymous and confidential telephone counselling to post-secondary students.)
- Green Shield Mental Health Online Services (Domestic Student Health Plan)
- Change 4 Life: Helps figure out healthy life choices
- Mindfulness Program: Six session training program through the Change 4 Life Portal
- Mind Beacon: Behavioral Therapy guide by an experienced, regulated mental health professional. Fully digital. Free access to a therapist for 12 weeks and to online Beacon resources for a full year – all for a one-time cost.
What if I feel unwell?
Those with flu-like symptoms, who have not travelled internationally to an affected region, should stay at home. Call 811
to speak with a registered nurse in Nova Scotia or see a healthcare professional if you prefer. There is also a Government of Canada COVID-19 information line at 1-833-784-4397
To help you better understand if you need to talk to 811
, please review this simple questionnaire
Relevant Updates and FAQs
NSCAD University has a Student FAQ
which is updated regularly to address many concerns of students at this time. If you have a question not answered via the FAQ, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.