The SUNSCAD Council is an integral part of the student union that works alongside the Executives. There are 20 positions, separated into 9 Divisional Representatives and 11 Constituency Representatives. There are currently 10 positions filled and 10 positions vacant.
Drawing Rep *NEW*
Jewelry Rep *NEW*
Ceramics Rep *NEW*
PBAC Student Rep *NEW*
Transfer Student Rep *NEW*
Master of Design Rep *NEW*
Master of Arts in Art Education Rep *NEW*
Academy Campus Rep *NEW*
Fountain Campus Rep *NEW*
Member at Large
Part-time Students’ Rep
Students Living in Residence Rep
Duties of Councillors
- Act as a liaison between the group of students who are being represented and the Council.
- Organize a committee, as necessary, to better address the needs of students who are being represented.
- Maintain the right to receive funding for the students who are being represented.
- Help the Executive in the dissemination of the information and implementation of campaigns.
- Maintain the right to sit on University committees as determined by the Council (not including SUNSCAD committees).
- Be a member of at least two of the following SUNSCAD committees:
- a) External Committee
- b) Internal Committee
- c) Constitutional Review Committee
- d) Academic Committee
If you are interested in being part of the SUNSCAD Council, click here for the Nomination form! You don’t have to wait for an election to be involved, if you are interested and have filled out the form we can ratify your position at the next council meeting.
Want more information? Contact Tara Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (902) 494-8132.