The SUNSCAD Council is an integral part of the student union that works alongside the Executives. There are 29 positions, separated into 18 Divisional Representatives and 11 Constituency Representatives. There are currently 7 positions filled and 22 positions vacant.
Art History Rep
Media Arts Rep
PBAC Student Rep
Transfer Student Rep
Master of Arts in Art Education Rep
Master of Design Rep
Master of Fine Arts Rep
Academy Campus Rep
Fountain Campus Rep
Port Campus Rep
Black Student’s Rep
Mature Student Rep
Member at Large
Part-time Students’ Rep
Students Living in Residence Rep
Duties of Councillors
- Act as a liaison between the group of students who are being represented and the Council.
- Organize a committee, as necessary, to better address the needs of students who are being represented.
- Maintain the right to receive funding for the students who are being represented.
- Help the Executive in the dissemination of the information and implementation of campaigns.
- Maintain the right to sit on University committees as determined by the Council (not including SUNSCAD committees).
- Be a member of at least two SUNSCAD committees.
If you are interested in being part of the SUNSCAD Council, click here for the Nomination form! You don’t have to wait for an election to be involved, if you are interested and have filled out the form we can ratify your position at the next council meeting.
Want more information? Contact Tara Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (902) 494-8132.