The SUNSCAD Council is an integral part of the student union that works alongside the Executives. There are 29 positions, separated into 18 Divisional Representatives and 11 Constituency Representatives. There are currently 7 positions filled and 22 positions vacant.
Art History Rep
Ceramics Rep *NEW*
Katrina Tomas, She/Her
Drawing Rep *NEW*
Jewelry Rep *NEW*
Media Arts Rep
Eric Duplessis, He/Him
Painting Rep *NEW*
Melissa Campbell, She/Her
Textiles Rep *NEW*
PBAC Student Rep *NEW*
Transfer Student Rep *NEW*
Master of Arts in Art Education Rep *NEW*
Mariana Elizondo Cantu
Master of Design Rep *NEW*
Master of Fine Arts Rep *NEW*
Academy Campus Rep *NEW*
Fountain Campus Rep *NEW*
Port Campus Rep
Black Student’s Rep
Kris Reppas, He/Him
Mature Student Rep
Member at Large
Part-time Students’ Rep
Students Living in Residence Rep
Duties of Councillors
- Act as a liaison between the group of students who are being represented and the Council.
- Organize a committee, as necessary, to better address the needs of students who are being represented.
- Maintain the right to receive funding for the students who are being represented.
- Help the Executive in the dissemination of the information and implementation of campaigns.
- Maintain the right to sit on University committees as determined by the Council (not including SUNSCAD committees).
- Be a member of at least two of the following SUNSCAD committees:
- External Committee
Active as of September 19, 2019 and chaired by Asha, email@example.com
- Events Committee
Active as of September 2019 and chaired by Olivia, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Lounge Committee
Active as of September 2019 and co-chaired by Kris, email@example.com, and Emma, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fight for $15 and Fairness Committee
Active as of September 2019 and chaired by Peri, email@example.com.
- Constitutional Review Committee (not active)
- Academic Committee
- External Committee
If you are interested in being part of the SUNSCAD Council, click here for the Nomination form! You don’t have to wait for an election to be involved, if you are interested and have filled out the form we can ratify your position at the next council meeting.
Want more information? Contact Tara Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (902) 494-8132.