There are 6 executive members of the student union who are elected by NSCAD students every year. The elected term begins on May 1, and ends on April 30 the following year.
2018-2019 SUNSCAD Executive
- Responsible for the oversight of SUNSCAD budget.
- Represents SUNSCAD on the NSCAD Board of Governors.
- Responsible for maintaining active communication with the members of the NSCAD Board of Governors.
- Responsible for preparing SUNSCAD yearly budget for the AGM.
- Responsible for the oversight of Collectives.
- Responsible for development of campaigns with VP External.
- Responsible for formulation of policy on social justice and human rights issues with VP External.
- Acts as the liaison between local artist run centres and SUNSCAD.
- Acts as the liaison between local non-profits, social justice organizations and SUNSCAD.
- Coordinates the NSCAD Foodbank.
- Responsible for effective outreach to members of SUNSCAD and the NSCAD student body.
- Monitors and update NSCAD bulletin boards.
- Coordinates at least one event per semester.
- Works with VP Cultural to coordinate workshops and information sessions pertaining to issues in the NSCAD community.
- Manages the petty cash fund.
- Coordinates the yearly student art publication, “Free Coffee”.
- Maintains the Union’s relationship with CFS-NS and CFS-FCEE.
- Responsible for implementing student campaigns which pertain to social justice and human rights, with VP Cultural.
- Coordinates attendance to conferences and meetings of affiliate student organizations and is one of the delegates that attends such events.
- Sits on at least one other committee within the University.
- Chairs the external committee of the Union.